RETENTION OF PERMANENT
The United States offers a range of non-immigrant work visa and permanent resident immigrant visa options.
Human Resource Professionals requiring immediate assistance are invited to e-mail us at: HR Inquiry, or to contact Charles Pley (ext 105) or Joy Sisca (ext 112) directly by telephone or by e-mail for immediate assistance.
We represent the range of individual professionals, small-medium sized businesses, education and research bodies, sports and entertainment enterprises and large multinational corporations transferring executives and other key employees, including those who will be opening a new office in the United States. We also advise our clients on I-9 and related compliance issues.
Our U.S. work visa legal services include but are not limited to:
- appropriate "B-1" Business Visitor visas which may be used in a number of work-like situations, such as internationally based professional athletes competing in the United States, and for after-sales service and warranty work, etc.;
- Trade NAFTA ("TN-1") Professional Visas in certain listed professions for Canadian and Mexican citizens. TN-1 visas for qualified Canadians can be processed immediately at Class A Ports of Entry to the US, making this one of the most expeditious work visa options ;
- "H-1" visas for Registered Nurses in a health professional shortage area, Professionals in professions requiring a degree (subject to an annual quota, and with special provisions for Australian (treaty-based "E-3" visas), Chile and Singapore citizens, and Fashion Models), and for temporary agricultural and non-agricultural seasonal workers (eg. ski instructors, hotel employees, etc.), and certain trainees;
- "J-1" Exchange Visitor Visas - often these are a creative solution where other work visa classifcations may not apply;
- "E-1/E-2" Treaty Trader/Treaty Investor visas for key employees of qualified treaty companies trading with the United States and corporate/individual investors doing business in the United States;
- "L-1A/B" Intra-company transfer work visas for Executives, Managers and Specialized Knowledge workers transfering to a related office in the United States;
- "O-1" temporary workers of Outstanding Ability. These visas can apply for example to outstanding artists, scientists, researchers/academics, renouned international business persons, and athletes, etc. and can often be self sponsored, but will need peer/industry group verification of standing;
- "P" visas for Athletes and Entertainers, either as individuals or part of a group, including those under exchanges or who are "culturally unique";
- "R-1 Religious Worker visas, etc..
We also assist with a range of Employment Authorization Document visas available for example to spouses of certain work visa holders, and for U.S. graduates approved for "Optional Practical Training". In addition we routinely assist with temporary waivers of inadmissibility.
For more information about the options that might best fit your circumstances, you may also visit our Getting Started page and register and complete our free on-line questionnaire.