New Tech Talent Strategy Initiatives for CanadaOn June 27, 2023 IRCC announced Canada’s first ever Tech Talent Strategy, expected to be in place by the end of 2023
IMPORTANT: Canada has created an Open work permit stream for H-1B Specialty Occupation Visa Holders in the United States , opening on July 16, 2023. This stream will is lead to an open work permit (no employer/petitioner required) of up to 3-years in duration. It will remain open for one year or until IRCC receives 10,000 applications. The quota is expected to be used up quickly. Current H-1B visa holders, in particular those laid off or subject to lay off in the U.S.,should take immediate steps to take advantage of this program, which will greatly facilitate re-employment in Canada. Given the documentary requirements and processes involved, we do recommend you reach out for further advice and support on this fast-evolving opportunity. Please Register Now and complete our online Questionnaire in order to get started.
Starting as soon as possible is recommended to get your application prepared and in order in time to file on the 16th. We have lawyers and case managers on standby including on Sunday July 16th to assist with what is expected to be high demand for this program.
Other Tech Talent Stream Announcements
- New 5-year work permits for employer specific work permits for companies identified as contributing to Canada’s innovation goals
- New 5-year open work permits for highly skilled workers in selected in-demand occupations
- The promotion of Canada as a destination for “digital nomads”. Under current Canadian immigration rules, a digital nomad only needs visitor status to relocate to Canada for up to six months at a time while they perform their job remotely for a foreign employer. In the months ahead, IRCC will collaborate with public and private partners alike to determine whether additional policies to attract digital nomads to Canada would be desirable.
- ESDC and IRCC have returned to 14-day GSS processing!
- STEM-specific draws under Express Entry are now possible.
- Significant improvements to already attractive Start-up visa program.
For more information, please Register Now and complete our online "Getting Started" questionnaire so that we can advise you further - and good luck!
Over the 10 years I have known you, you are the best immigration lawyer I have found and will continue to recommend you to my real estate clients and their overseas relatives. Without your professionalism and integrity I wouldn't have so many approved successful cases and appreciations from my clients.
- Tyson Chu (Associate Broker), Homelife Gold Pacific Realty Inc.
Copyright ®2023 Immigration Solutions Law Group Professional Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Designed by LIM Creative